ANUGA new product launch: Corn ribs
22 September 2023
Corn has always been a staple in many cuisines, but the method of quartering them lengthwise to produce "ribs" is gaining traction.
Why Corn ribs:
- Innovative Presentation: This unique cut offers a novel way to present corn, making dishes stand out on the menu and on social media, which is crucial in today's digital age.
- Optimal Sauce Absorption: The increased surface area of corn "ribs" means that seasonings and sauces cling better, leading to a richer flavor experience.
- Perfect Bite-Size: Unlike traditional corn on the cob, which can be messy to eat, corn "ribs" offer a more manageable and trendy way to enjoy corn.
- BBQ: Medium heat, cook till warm and golden brown.
- Oven: 10 to 14 minutes at 200°: A bit of oil, salt, and perhaps some herbs, and the corn "ribs" can be oven-roasted to caramelized perfection.
- High speed oven: 2,30 minutes at 260°, 50% microwave.
- Air-fryer:10-14 minutes at 200° until golden brown.
Incorporating Fresh Frozen Corn "Ribs":
- Ideal for sharing: 5-8 pieces.
- Side dish: 3-4 pieces.
- Starters & Snacks: Seasoned and grilled corn "ribs" can be a fantastic appetizer or a side to main courses.
- Salads: These "ribs" can be grilled, sliced off the cob, and incorporated into salads for added texture and flavour.
- Mains: Tossed in rich sauces or spices, they can even be the centerpiece of a dish, especially in vegetarian or vegan meals.
- Events/party catering
- Festival catering
- Fastcasual & QSR restaurants
- Fastcasual sharing
- Fine dining sharing
- Veggie-vegan concepts
- BBQ-Grill restaurants
- Buffet restaurant
- Schools, highschool & university
- Company catering
Corn ribs : how to season, serve, tips & tricks
- Corn ribs need to be cooked from frozen!
- So, it's a good idea to steam, cook them briefly before seasoning them.
- Seasoning will stick better on defrosted corn ribs.
- It is also possible to season them after baking.
- To let them bend very nicely, you need high temp. so think about your seasoning => some do burn faster than others.
- Taste variation: the sky is the limit:chili, lime, Asian, Mexican, smokey,cheesy, sweet, salty, Mediterranean…
- Often served with a dip, yoghurt, cheddar, mayo-based…
- As a side dish (burger, grilled meat, vegetarian/vegan dishes...) or sharing
- Easy to cut into 2 pieces if customers prefer smaller portion.