For the drizzle with apples:
- 100g Ardo Apples diced
- 50 ml Maple syrup
- 100g salted Bacon strips
Dough with sweet potato mash:
- 400g Ardo Sweet potato mash
- 100 ml Coconut Milk (or alternatives like buttermilk milk or Rice milk)
- 3 eggs
- 100g whole wheat flour (or gluten free alternative)
- 25g melted butter
- 10g baking powder
- 1g salt
- 25g brown sugar (or alternative like agave, maple or honey)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch of Vanilla extract (optional)
Cream cheese with blueberries:
- 50g Ardo Blueberries cultivated
- 100g Fresh cheese or yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
Egg, Gluten, Milk
Defrost the sweet potato mash. Stir the coconut milk together with the potato mash, the eggs, sugar, salt & spices until smooth.
Combine the flour and the baking powder.
Gently stir this flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Stir until they are well blended.
Brown some butter and add this melted butter into the mix and stir.
Melt some cooking oil in a high heated non-sticky pan with a rather small diameter. Bake the pancakes in a thicker layer for real American pancakes.
Caramelize the bacon in a non-stick pan until crispy & brown. Add the apple cubes to the bacon caramel and roast for several minutes until the apples are golden brown.
Add the maple syrup and allow to reduce a few minutes on medium heat.
Drizzle over the warm pancakes before serving.
Blueberries cream cheese:
Heat up a small amount of frozen blueberries on high heat, add some honey and set aside to cool down. Stir the fresh cheese together with the blueberry mixture.