- 800g Ardo Honey roasted parsnips
- 50g Ardo Thai herbs
- 200g Ardo Grilled red pepper strips or Ardo grilled red & yellow peppers parrilla
- 400g Ardo Yellow rice precooked
- 100g Ardo Fried diced onions
- 20g Ardo Chopped coriander
- 50g Rendang curry paste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 20gr grated coconut flakes (preferably roasted)
- 2 tablespoons concentrated vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon express corn starch
- Saffron powder or stems
- Coriander leaves, lime leaves or lemon grass stalk for garniture
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Banana leafs
Gluten, Milk, Soy
Bake the honey roasted parsnips in the oven for about 25 minutes on 180°C until golden brown. Cut the bigger chunks into bitesize pieces, leave the smaller ones whole.
Stew the Thai herbs with the rending paste for about 3 minutes on medium hot fire. Add the coconut milk and grated coconut and 1 tablespoon of concentrated vegetable stock. Allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes on medium heat, thicken the sauce with the express corn starch and stir in the grilled red pepper strips.
Heat up in a non-stick pan the fried onions, add in the saffron and stew for about 3 minutes on low heat. Add the precooked yellow rice and 1 tablespoon of concentrated vegetable stock. Add a drop of water and allow the rice to heat up while stirring. Keep the rice moist and season of with some pepper and salt. At the end, stir in some chopped frozen coriander.
Place the roasted pieces of parsnip in a bowl, pour over the Rendang sauce. Preferably serve this in a bowl with banana leafs. Serve with a dome of pyramid shaped rice tower next to the bowl of Rendang. Garnish the vegetable stew with lemon grass stalk and lime leaves. Top off the rice with lime leaves, roasted coconut or saffron stems.