Gumbo is a traditional dish that originated in Louisiana and is known for its rich, flavorful broth and variety of meats and vegetables. This recipe for gumbo with bulgur, turkey, and chorizo is a delicious and hearty variation that is perfect for the food service and catering industry.
Cut the chorizo into thick slices.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the turkey stew along with the chorizo in butter or margarine, season with cajun spice mix.
- Add onion, garlic and carrot slices and sauté further.
- Singe with flour and smoked paprika.
- Add tomato paste and veal stock. Simmer until everything is nicely cooked.
- Warm the bulgur in the steamer, season with olive oil pepper and salt.
- Serve as a side dish with the gumbo.
- This recipe for gumbo with bulgur, turkey, and chorizo is sure to be a hit with your customers. The combination of tender turkey, spicy chorizo, and flavorful vegetables creates a hearty and satisfying dish that is perfect for cold weather or as a comfort food. The bulgur adds a nice texture and gives a healthy touch to the dish.
- The use of Ardo products in this recipe ensures high-quality ingredients and consistent results. The smoked paprika and cajun herbs give the gumbo a unique and authentic taste of Louisiana.
This recipe is easy to scale up or down depending on the number of servings needed, making it a great option for catering events or large gatherings. It can be served as a main course, or as a side dish to complement other dishes.
In conclusion, this recipe for gumbo with bulgur, turkey, and chorizo is a delicious and hearty option that is perfect for the food service and catering industry. It's easy to prepare and packed with flavor, making it sure to be a hit with your customers.